We're sorry to hear that you may have purchased from a scam website. Unfortunately, there are online scams that may use the Dr. Martens name and a similar looking website as a means of obtaining your personal and/or banking details. It's highly likely that you will never receive any product from this website. We recommend the following steps.
- Reach out to your bank immediately to discuss how you can lodge a 'chargeback' and reclaim any funds that you've spent.
- If you would like to report a scam website, please visit www.consumerprotection.govt.nz.
Tips on detecting a scam website:
- Pay attention to the address bar. Check that the URL starts with https (not http) and look for the padlock icon in the address bar to ensure there's a secure connection.
- Assess the price of the item. Does the price or offer seem too good to be true?
- Watch for poor grammar and spelling. Legitimate companies put effort into presenting a professional website.
- Look for reliable contact information. Can you contact the company either via phone, live chat or email?
If you have any queries about a communication you have received, please get in touch with our Dr. Martens Experts through our Contact Us page.